What you Need:
- A Pillow (fluffier the better)
- Plain pillow case
- Santa Hat
- Buttons (or black felt circles)
- Orange felt
- Needle and thread / glue
There are a few ways to do this:
Younger Children, I’d advise going for felt circles (for the eyes / mouth / tummy).
- In this instance, simply help your little one stick the pillow in the pillow case. With the opening at the top.
- Tie the scarf around 2/3 towards the top of the pillow.
- Put on the Santa Hat on
- Glue on eyes / mouth / and tummy circles
- Roll the orange felt nose and glue into a cone shape
- Once dry make a small cut where the nose should be and feed it through so that it stays in place. (alternatively, for a stronger fix you can sew this into the nose shape, and sew the the nose to the case prior to adding the pillow)
Older Children (Stronger snowman) I’d advise real buttons for the tummy
- Sew the buttons in the center, on the bottom 2/3 of the snow man make sure the hole, is at the top.
- Roll the orange felt nose, sew this closed, then sew in the center, on the top 1/3 of the case.
- Stick the pillow in the pillow case, sew the top closed.
- Put on the Santa Hat on.
- Sew on eyes / mouth circles.
- Tie on the scarf.
I will try to get some better photos as soon as possible 🙂